Slider

Book Box Club Unboxing - February

Wednesday 28 February 2018


Another month, another book box!
Today I'm going to share with you the contents of my Book Box Club February box, and let me tell you, it's a good'n :)
The theme for this month was INTO DYSTOPIA which if I'm honest, I didn't really know what that would entail. However, it was soon clear that this box was celebrating all things adventurous, dangerous and brave. The actual definition of dystopia is a society that is undesirable or frightening, meaning dystopian fiction is usually set in communities with huge conflict and political turmoil. 



This shone through when looking at the goodies, like the Dauntless lose tea leaves from the Divergent series and the silver arrow pen from The Hunger Games.



A sizeable dark chocolate and orange zest bar was hidden inside by the brand Gnaw which I devoured happily. 



One of my favourite items, the Supplies To Stay Alive notepad, is already sitting on my bedside table filled with lists of things to do. This has helped me be much more productive so of course I l.o.v.e it.



The last goodie was a dainty silver bangle which reads "Nolite te bastardes carborundorum" which translates to don't let the bastards grind you down. I wasn't sure where this quote was from but soon found out it is in the Handmaid's Tale, a book I am yet to pick up. But, now on my TBR list, I am looking forward to reading it :) 


And last but definitely not least: the book. This month brought a new book from Fiona Shaw (not the actress who plays Petunia Dudley in Harry Potter as I was fooled to think) called Outwalkers. Reading the blurb gave me a brief idea of what this would entail: danger, action and friendship. Basically, a young boy breaks out of an institution of some sort and has to run away with his dog to the Scottish boarder whilst not being caught by "The Mothers and Fathers". I think there is also something to do with a chip beneath everyones skin that shows the government where everyone is and other futuristic/dystopian details like that. 
I have read about 50 pages so far and have been kept on the edge of me seat (well, bed) and wanting to read more, so it's looking good :)


I believe this could be the best box I've received yet and must say, the March box has some living up to do! 

I hope you liked this post and will see you next week,

Coco ♡

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you could get book subscription boxes, this is such a cute idea xx

    www.flolavita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you get more things that aren't just books is cute! I've recently bought 4 new books, 3 of which were in the discount section for 3 for $10 (say no more). I really want to make more time for reading books, and I think this is actually good if you don't usually stick to one kind of genre!

    Kyia Belle // http://kyia-belle.blogspot.ca

    Kyia Belle // http://kyia-belle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan